Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007



















Unusually patient while waiting for a bite of watermelon.


















Yet another awe-inspiring sunset.



















Lord Shiva and his wife Parvati adorn my wall. Painted when I was 3 years old!













This is home! Safe from the monkeys, Indian and Western men, I lock up my cage at night and sleep on the floor beneath Shiva and Parvati.


















The common latrine inside my ashram. Now if only the cows could learn to use it!













My hard-earned gray hairs don't show up on the internets!!













The ferry back when the city was not yet flooded with Indian tourists and pilgrims.













View of the ghat from the ferry.













Culture clash! Front: A baba performs holy Ganga ritual. Back: Indian tourists do obnoxious tourist things.













One of the enchanted stone bungalows from the now-defunct Maharishi Ashram.


















One of many cascades found in the surrounding hills. I had to peel little red worms off my body after swimming in this one...


















Can't get enough of Mother Ganga!!!!!
































Regular morning visitor at Camp Ved Niketan.













Can you say luxury livin'? This is my "shower."


















Ram Jhulla bridge is the only way out of Ram Jhulla.














More Maharishi bungalows...













Dr. Vishnu prescribed two years of this for breakfast. I'm still thinking it over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the first Indian road sign post! More, more!

Vince

10:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, pray tell, is in that 'breakfast'?

10:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home