Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Namaste!

The last two weeks have been filled with stimulus and I've needed the entire time to adjust to the sheer volume.

I am progressing in my practice of yoga, which is more than just poses and postures (asanas). It turns out tha yoga is an ancient and complete philosophy of life. Imagine that! Yoga means "union", with reference to the individual self and the divine self. Many of its principles mirror all the intuitive beliefs I have thus far cultivated about my own life and trials. Sometime in the future I will aim to outline some of the philosophies I love for mass consumption...

I noticed the other day that I have become more adept at differentiating between the various types of excrement in the busy streets. At first it seems like one big sludgy pool of excrement, but on closer examination I find there are many different kinds and some are better than others. I've learned to avoid the fresh splatters and aim instead for dried-out patties. I know all this may seem very crude, but it is an integral part of life here in India. Cows are sacred. They provide milk, a life-giving substance that nourishes the body. They meander everywhere, frequently stopping in the path of traffice to eat a piece of paper, or whatever happen to be lying around. I could have sworn I watched one consume a blue plastic bag as if it were a piece of lettuce yesterday while sipping chai. If they are not chasing you (a rare occurance), they are sweet, peaceful orbs of energy. I really missed having animals around in my daily life.

The town has a number of wonderful bookshops filled to the brim with all kinds of philosophy and health books (can we say "Eureka"?), and my library is already growing. In the meantime, I'm taking full advantage of morning yoga, peaceful day hikes in the mountains, soaking in the sun by the Ganga with a juicy papaya, discussing philosophy and, my latest enterprise: learning to play the flute!

much love and light to all,

LMA

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Lo...how wonderfully descriptive you are!!! So glad to hear that your time in India, thus far, has been tranquil and rewarding. Take Care & know that we love you!!! Looking forward to reading your next blog.....(feel free to leave out the cowpie references..)LOL!!!! Stay safe and serene!!! - Toni :)

02:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home