Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

One week in Rishikesh = One month in the west..

I used to complain that I had "toxic soul"...well now I understand that the correct term is "toxic mind," so now I am working on purifying the cesspool that is my mind. This is a process that will take many years, but I seem to be constructed in such a way that once I have identified something as true I am quick to adapt myself. Seems wild to be considering an ascetic lifestyle; even wilder that it feels more natural than anything else.

Yesterday in class Swami said that some souls choose to be born into difficult circumstances in order to speed up the learning (evolution) process. There can be no doubt that I was one of these souls; I have always been attracted to the difficult (and quicker) way of learning things; I savor the pain I bring upon myself in the understanding that I am learning what I need to know. Call it practical, call it efficient. I call it divine. (Vince: remember when we realized that we had moved ourselves to the center of hell? Ha ha ha!)

The other day I was on the ferry with 57 Indian people squished all around. One young Indian man-boy asked me if I was Indian. I said no and immediately it was clear that a bet had been placed and he had won. His female companion looked at me perplexed by her loss...was I sure I was not Indian? But didn’t I speak Hindi? But my father was not Indian? The more people ask me, the less sure I am.

Today is Sunday, day of rest and relaxation; day of Ganga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Pooja and Kheer. Day of fasting and contemplation. Day to remember that we are all divine on the inside..

Big love to all,

LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home