Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, May 04, 2007

Maharishi Ashram, Rishikesh


































Moon Therapy

May 2nd was a very special day for two really important reasons; First and foremost, it was my brother's 33rd birthday (I love you T!). Second, it was the long anticipated full moon!!!!!!!!

It was one of those days when I woke up with no idea of what the day would bring and found myself going for a motorbike ride, sipping rum and sprite in the hills overlooking the Ganga, and swimming in a gorgeous waterfall pool worthy of the movies..

The moon has an undeniably powerful effect on me, and when it is full, there is only ONE thing to do. Hoping to quietly slip out of my ashram (and failing miserably), I pulled my sleeping bag out of storage, slathered myself in mosquito repellent, and, with a partner in crime, made my way to the rooftop of the tallest building in the abandoned Maharishi Ashram for some much needed moon therapy. The Maharishi Ashram (a.k.a. "The Beatles Ashram") is a magical place high above the Ganga. Mesmerized by the moon, the night passed quickly, and we awoke just in time to watch the sun rise up over the mountain tops.

The last few weeks I've been engaged in a profound mental struggle; avoiding meditation, hiding from Swamiji, and generally failing to confront the inevitable. All of this ended yesterday when, after Swami's lecture, my entire body began to ache, followed by stomach pain, headache, diahrrea, and general delirium. The pain was so great that I was literally unable to move and trips to the toilet were risky (not known for my balance, trips to the toilet are already challenging). Late in the afternoon, I managed to drag myself to a local telephone to cancel an evening appointment, and on my way back, I realized that it was time to meet with Swamiji.

The first thing he asked me was why I hadn't been to see him sooner, and I apologized for the disrespect. Our talk lasted nearly an hour; he asked me many questions about my family, my life, my spiritual quest. He corrected me when I used negative language (i.e. to say "I want to be stronger" is to reinforce the idea that I am weak) and instructed me to sit in front of him during lecture and meditation. He is a spiritual teacher and counselor, and our meeting was a huge relief for me. Afterward I returned to my room and fell back into my stupor on the floor, where I stayed until 6 am the next morning.


Today I am 95% recovered, with only a lingering headache. But how is this possible? Was this a physical disease? I needed to face the inevitable, I knew it was inevitable, and yet I stubbornly refused until my body simply forced me. I have no physical disease; I have only psychological disease. Today I am overwhelmed all over again with my own power, a power I have never fully appreciated or tapped into. I know myself, and what is good for myself, better than anyone else on this earth.

Re-energized, I sit here in front of my email box, amazed at all the beautiful sentiments I find. How many wonderful souls have I been blessed to meet in the last two months? In the last 29 years? Too many to count! Thank you each and every one of you...you know who you are. Your love and affection inspire me and make me a rich, blessed, fortunate person indeed.

Wherever you may find yourself, whatever comes your way, never, ever give up hope. It is only when we give up hope that we truly have nothing.


with love from Camp Ved Niketan,

LMA



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home