Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Spirit is Willing...

but the computer shops here are like kryptonite. In my natural state, which I am evolving into day by day, I abhor the computer. But it is time to check in and share my progress with those I love most.

And progress is the right word. Every day I am getting healthier and happier. I am living a simple existence. A typical day, if there is such a thing, starts with morning yogasanas (yoga postures), followed by a visit to Dr. Vishnu (for treatment and lunch), and oftentimes winding up at the beach for a nap, a dip in the Holy Ganga, and finally, prayers at sunset.

I continue to be overwhelmed by my great fortune. I feel awed that I have overcome so many years of pain and sadness to arrive at this incredible, Holy place where I can sit peacefully by the Ganga and breathe in the sweet air. My body feels alive like it never has before and I can feel myself slowly morphing into a softer, sweeter, more relaxed version of my previous self. Thank you God, thank you all for standing by me during my many years of darkness and confusion. I have done many things I am not proud of in the past, but now I am learning to give the best of myself back. I could never have made it through without the love and support of my dear friends and family.

After one week of herbal treatment with Dr. Vishnu, I began to rethink the venture. Twenty some years of toxic buildup and mistreatment of body and soul simply cannot be rectified in one week. Ayurvedic treatment treats the body and not the disease. The first phase of proper treatment will require at least 45 days, followed by at least two years of herbs and a lifetime readjustment of my diet. So for now I will simply continue with my reading on the subject and work on changing my diet to suit my constitution. There is actually much more to say about Ayurveda and the treatment process, but my ability to write is greatly compromised. Suffice it to say that I have an intuitive understanding of Ayurvedic principles and feel confident about the treatment process. I will consider beginning treatment again in the near future, as it looks that I will be settled here in Rishikesh for several months more at the minimum.

After three weeks of daily yoga practice, I am finally beginning to learn how to breathe properly. My teacher has assured me that I can become a yoga teacher, with much more study and practice of course, and I would like to add this skill to my repertoire. Not only this, but it has come to my attention that the local primary school has no English teacher, and this is a situation I cannot simply abide...! So for all these reasons and more it looks that I will be here for a while.

In the meantime I continue to enjoy the abundance of animal life in the streets of Ram Jhulla where I live. Monkeys (bad brown ones and good black ones), dogs, cows, donkeys, squirrels, frogs, geckos, hornets, cockroaches, MOSQUITOES and flies...and yesterday from the rooftop of a castle on the Beatles Ashram property: a toucan! Every day is hotter and hotter and most westerners are making a run for the hills. I am curious about this heat, though, and think I will stick around to see just how bad it gets...

MUCH love and light to all,
with big hugs from Rishikesh,
LMA

PS Pictures FORTHCOMING! I promise!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home