Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thunderstorms, Toe Cramps, 9/11 Conspiracies and the Next Global Leader

I just can’t contain myself! Watching Mr. Obama deliver his message of truth is nothing less than electrifying. Yesterday he kicked off his general election campaign with a titillating speech in Raleigh, North Carolina. In my opinion (yes, I’m allowed to have one T), Mr. Obama is the leader we’ve all been waiting for and – thanks to God - has arrived just in time to lead our country into the Global Age! Everybody get on board!!

Barak Obama will be unstoppable in the age of the internets. I repeat, do not underestimate the power of the internets.

The weather here in Montreal is hot, sticky and today we’ve got serious rain. It’s reminiscent of Mexico and I’m loving every minute of it, frizzy afro and all. Last night I met my neighbor Conrad, a political junkie from Ottawa who got me all hyped up about the exciting events unfolding in the US of A. We realized that if the Bush Administration had not been so devastating, the country would never be ready to embrace a true leader Like Mr. Obama. We’re planning to attend a lecture called “9/11: Made in America?” sometime in late June.

As I write this, I realize that I would not be so comfortable expressing these views in my own country. Back home I have trouble fitting in, but here I’m special and unique, just like everyone else.

On the job front, it looks like I may have a gig painting houses, and Friday I will meet with some Africans who are looking for an American to do some fundraising for their humanitarian organization. There are not a lot of opportunities here for people who don’t speak French (shock!), so I’ve also managed to arrange a language exchange with some French guy who will listen to me read in French if I will listen to him tell me all about his trip to California. Gotta love Craigslist!

Until next time!

LMA

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the internet is helpful, and I hope it will help to get Obama elected...However, there is a lot of garbage traveling around about him as well. Wish I knew how to combat these lies...A lot of folks actually believe them.

20:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama has his own, newly launched website to combat those lies...check it out at www.fightthesmears.com

GO OBAMA!!

19:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home