Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rishikesh Embraces Me with Open Arms

I am finally back to regular yogasana with my beloved teacher Surinder and after only five days I am once again turning into a rubber band! There can be no doubt that I was made to perform yogasanas (except I do lack a bit of strength). Surinderji insists that I must become a teacher and I think after one year of consistent study and practice, it could be possible. So looks like I'm in for the long haul...

And I’ve begun studying Sanskrit with an adorable Swami at the Sivananda Ashram just across the river. Already I’ve completed the alphabet (52 "letters") and have begun with vowel-consonant combinations. It’s a bit like art class.
Just like India is the Mother of the world, Sanskrit is the Mother of all languages. It is impossible to overstate it's influence on the world and I am privileged to study it. If you made a Venn Diagram of languages, all languages would be little bubbles inside the big Sanskrit bubble. I really love Venn Diagrams. You should love them, too.

And I really love languages. So much so, in fact, that I continue to indulge in language overload, gathering words and phrases in many languages simultaneously including Japanese, German, Hindi, and now, Russian! Russians are scary…moreso even than Israelis and Germans put together. Perhaps that’s why I dream of going there. German and Japanese I continue to study simply because I have opportunities to work in both of those places. And Hindi, well…you know I can’t leave India until I speak Hindi!

Aaaakkkk! I was planning to write a comprehensive update, but look what came out!

So it looks like the Sri Ved Niketan Ashram is now officially my home. I have somehow managed to convince the staff to 1) remove the person living in my old room, 2) paint the room, 3) put tables in the room, and 4) give me a long-term discount. So, letters, Camomile tea, bras and especially PHOTOS (hint hint) can be reliably sent to;

Ms. Dana Maria, Room #32
Sri Ved Niketan Dham
Vishwaguru Yoga Ashram, Vishwaguru Nagar
P.O. Swargashram-249304
Dist. Pauri Garhwal, Via-Rishikesh
Uttarakhand, Himalayas
India

until next time,

BIG love and hugs and kisses,
LMA

Late Update: Looks like Mama Bear is on the way....!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home