Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in Paradise

Internet constraints make me a bit out of touch. I apologize, but assure you that the Christmas spirit is pumping through my veins in the last days and with a smile I am thinking much about my family and friends and sending love and wishes of peace and health to all..

I realized in the last days that Christmas - as well as the other major holidays in December of the major world religions - is a reminder that we need to seek the spiritual path in life. It may sound cliche, but to my ears it is the simple truth. There is no higher pursuit than to strive for the ideals set forth by all the major prophets of the world, including Jesus. Compassion, love, tolerance, patience...I may sometimes forget these ideals and lose sight of the greater purpose in my life, but slowly slowly I seem to keep moving forward. And this is why I'm here, right?

Gokarna is a holy place and I am fortunate to land here for the holiday season. I've been practicing yogasana and swimming daily. Yesterday saw the full power of the full moon; a magical, mystical, full-light miracle of nature. Unfortunately I've been pumping myself full of antibiotics in the last week, in the hopes that I can stamp out this eye infection once and for all. Which means that sun bathing is strictly off-limits. But I am eating extraordinarily well (great, cheap, fresh Indian and western foods available plus all the masses of fresh, sweet delicious papayas, pineapples, oranges, bananas, dates, and lemons you can dream up) and quite relaxed, taking everything in stride.

Gokarna is a family place, a place for you to spend your holiday, a place that feels like home and attracts many long-term travellers. I can easily imagine spending a long time in this place and am looking forward to the opportunity. For now a one week motorbike trip around the area looks to be in the cards, but I'll keep you posted.

with all my love
and all my wishes for a peaceful and loving holiday season
LMA

PS: I know many of you are immersed in the commercial chaos of the Established West, a scary labyrinth of hectic schedules, televisions, chemical foods and prescription meds..my heart goes out to you, as I myself consistently failed to get through the holidays without an annual nervous breakdown. I can say only that maybe it helps to remember all the blessings we have. With a little faith that a little determination we can all find the peace and health we are meant to and deserve to enjoy in this life...it's only a matter of time if you really want it.

PPS: Oh, and the liver flush...didn't happen, not while I'm taking mass antibiotics at least. But stay tuned on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home