Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Monday, December 31, 2007

New year, new learning opportunities…

Last night I dreamt I was in the ocean. I was wearing glasses and watching a huge wave coming toward me. I quickly removed my glasses, took a deep breath and prepared to dive under the wave…but the wave didn’t come, so I took another breath, and then another, ready for the wave to crash over me at any moment…but when I opened my eyes, there were no huge waves. Only little ones and very far away.

It's a perfect metaphor for the uselessness of worry.

At the moment we’re in a nice, modern Indian city called Udupi, in South Karnataka. We came here so I could go to hospital…my eye infection has proven to be a stubborn beast, but I’ve just come from the doctor and the news is good, I think. He told me it was nothing, that all I need to do is put hot water on it three times a day and within a month it will go. So the wave is not so big after all..

Tonight the plan is to camp and cook fish on the beach, and tomorrow we’ll head back to Gokarna where I’ll spend some days of relaxation (yogasana and sunbathing) in mental and physical preparation for the journey back to Delhi. I’m a little nervous about the cold but, well, I’m turning out to be pretty adaptable.

I offer to you all my best wishes for a wonderful new year. May it be a year of new experiences, new learning, new opportunities… It’s never too late to change direction, and the changing year is a good time to take stock.

Am I content? Am I the person I need to be? Am I living up to my potential? These questions are forefront in my own mind. I am far from perfect, but as a first-year student at the University of Mother India I am only beginning my education, which means I can have patience with myself. In time all things will come.


“Loka Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu” "May all be happy in this world and may all have good health"

All my love and best wishes for a safe and peaceful holiday,

I LOVE YOU!

LMA





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Cricket...I hope your 2008 will be the best year of your life. I love you dearly and miss our little conversations.
Always...Dana's grandma

12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home