Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Monday, January 07, 2008

Still In Paradise



Too many things have passed since I last posted...it is impossible to recount even a tiny fraction, but I will try anyway. Please forgive the poor quality writing; I'm baking in a slow-as-molasses internet shop and hoping to escape very soon..

On the motorbike we headed south along twisty forest roads along the Western Ghats to Jog Falls, then South again to Kollur, a holy place famous for its Mookambika Temple. We passed many many lakes and rivers and trees and cows and ended up at Malpe Beach near Udupi. We saw vegetable markets, fish markets, vanilla beans and betel nuts, dodgy trucks and eagles and garbage and camels and baby kitties. For New Years Eve we bought six mackerel at the fish market (50 rupees) and cooked them on a campfire at the beach. I removed their heads and tails (fish heads!) with my beloved swiss army knife, flinching each time I had to break the spine. I was surprised when they tasted good and relieved that it was too dark to examine them closely.

We took some great videos and pictures from the trip and hopefully they will one day get pieced together with some music. And thanks to my many guardians, we had almost no problems (we tipped over one time on the sand). And except for the Good Luck Hotel in Hannovar, most of our guesthouses were clean and relatively benign.

But now we are back in Gokarna (a.k.a. paradise) and I am giddy and overwhelmed by the possibilities for 2008. I have no doubt that big things are heading my way, but couldn't possibly say what they will be. I feel only that my chest will explode with excitement and anticipation.

The last weeks I've met many inspiring people - many of them could be referred to as "old hippies" - who have helped me to clarify my own understanding of what makes a quality life. Quality Life, for me at least, is a simple life in the nature. This last year has been spent on The Circuit with other western tourists, but I am now tiring of this perrenial life on the go and dreaming instead about having a cooker and a lemon tree. Oh, and I finally bought a guitar, an Indian one that is not special but good enough for me to practice on. I'm a bi nervous to travel with it, but where there's a will, there's a way.

After my visit to Delhi I will return to Rishikesh for a couple of months of recalibration. Another repetition of Swamiji's lectures (I sent my notes to LA!), some consistent yoga practice and the freezing Ganga will have me full-strength again in no time.. From there the idea is to settle down somewhere in the mountain. The mountain makes me strong.

Internet is painful here and I have been thwarted several times in my attempts to update this blahg..But Delhi should be a great place for full updates, and I should head there in the next week. I love you, all...

with greatest affection,
LMA

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my sweet little cricket...just want you to know that I am still here and love you dearly...

01:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my daily lunch adventures via your blog. I hope you are well and able to write soon. Please let us know how your eye is healing. Patty V.

16:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermanita!!!

por favor lee tu correo... te mande uno la vdd no entiendo nada de tu blog :( sigo sin entender el inglès... TE AMOOOO HERMANITA Y TE EXTRAÑO DEMASIADO!!

Piensa en nosotros asi como nosotros en ti...
Que Dios te cuide un besito..
Yazmìn

16:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hermanita!!!

por favor lee tu correo... te mande uno la vdd no entiendo nada de tu blog :( sigo sin entender el inglès... TE AMOOOO HERMANITA Y TE EXTRAÑO DEMASIADO!!

Piensa en nosotros asi como nosotros en ti...
Que Dios te cuide un besito..
Yazmìn

16:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola hermanita preciosa!!!
Como has estado... he tratado de leer tu blog y mas o menos entiendo lo que has estado haciendo.
Me da mucho gusto que estés bien, Gracias a Dios y me da gusto que tengas ese encuentro espiritual.
La verdad no se como decirte esto... trate de buscar la manera mas correcta pero creo que no la hay...
mi primo... tu Papá está muy delicado de salud... la verdad es un caso urgente, nosotros nos enteramos por que mi tía alicia nos llamo para decirnoslo.
Lo mas probable es que nosotros nos vayamos a California para verlo... pero me encantaría que tu tambien lo hicieras.

Te amo muchisimo hermanita y la verdad te extraño demasiado... cuidate mucho por favor por que me muero de ganas de verte.

Que Diosito te cuide y te bendiga, besos y saludos de Elias, mis Papás y hermanos.

Besitos bye!
Your little sister who love you... Yazmín

18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home