Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Thursday, February 28, 2008


"Ask, and it shall be given to you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7


It's difficult to fathom that March is nearly here. The first of March more or less marks my one-year anniversary here at the University of Mother India. Just yesterday night I realized (all-over-again-for-the-first-time, of course) that I am continuously learning and changing. At times it can seem I am in a rut, and maybe I spend some weeks plagued by an unnamed aimlessness. But my faith is - thanks to God - strong, and like clockwork, the day arrives when the pieces of the puzzle unite for a glorious moment of Simple Understanding. Ahhhhhh...


The truth can be described in an infinite number of ways, but its nature is always simple. Those moments when I feel some simple truth are small but powerful reminders from God that I am on the right path. A bit of encouragement from God goes a long way, indeed.


We are all pilgrims here in Rishikesh. We are here to learn how to leave everything behind. Only once we have learned to leave everything behind (family, friends, careers, desires, possessions, ideas and concepts, etc. etc.) can we open ourselves up to whatever will be. However you want to call it - God, the universe, Mother Nature, pure consciousness, blah blah blah - it has a plan for us already. Our job is to be ready for whatever comes. Prepare yourself now, in good faith, for what is to come. We have and will have everything we need as well as much, much more.


I apologize that I cannot write more, or put pictures. Every moment in this place pulses with life. There is little opportunity to think of tomorrow while I am consumed by this very moment.


I am loving you all,
And sending big (western-style) hugs,
LMA
PS: Two days ago I had my first Ganga bath, a.k.a. my first baptism of 2008. All I can say is, it's freezing and I think I wait another week before I go again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home