Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Tragedy is another word for Opportunity

The last week has been surreal and I've found it nearly impossible to find words for my blahg. Even now, like pulling teeth..

God works in mysterious ways indeed. When I look back on my life in the states - a blur of depression, confusion, pain and loneliness - I understand how my past suffering is directly related to my current freedom. How many times did I imagine driving off the road, a simple and final way to end it all? Until the night I actually did drive off the road, I thought I wanted to die. My struggles are far from over, but the suffering process taught me at least one critical skill; how to appreciate my blessings. And they are many.

I continue to read the Bible and I am learning to pray again as I first learned to pray in Mexico. A friend here made a gift to me of a rosary some days ago and with it I have reconnected with my family's tradition. It is unusual - to say the least - to be pracitising Christian traditions here in the land of Hindus, but as I know in the depths of my soul, God has many forms. It is not important how you refer to God, only that you love and devote yourself to God with all your being. As I look around me I understand that my deep faith is without a doubt my greatest blessing of all.

My heart is with my family now more than ever. Together we are facing and overcoming some of life's greatest challenges. We can wring our hands in the face of tragedy, or we can take the opportunity to rediscover what is truly important. For me that is love.

I love you all, my dearest friends and family. Thank you for your patience and understanding. The road I have chosen is not an easy one as spiritual practice is just that: practice. And slowly I inch forward.

Swamiji Dharmananda, my teacher and my inspiration, has returned to Rishikesh just in time to guide me through the latest challenges presented by life. Another of many examples where I truly do have everything I need.

Gracias a Dios y a mi querida familia,
La lucha sigue,
LMA














1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever your trials I am here and I love you always. Grandma

12:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home