Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spirituality 101: Yoga Kindergarten

Things are going well, though I certainly won't pretend it's easy. Every day is a struggle (what else is new?!) but I am learning so much that I can't help but feel overwhelmed with optimism for my future. This culture has developed philosophical ideals over five thousand years that really speak to my soul...for the first time in my life I am having the sensation that my soul is finally come home. I am not a flawless person by any means. I struggle with the same weaknesses I've always had (fear, procrastination, sarcasm, avoidance)...the only difference is that now I've been given the most beautiful, most perfect spiritual framework to center my efforts around...

Yogic philosophy is the science of the soul. One of its aims is to quicken human evolution. Vince will remember that this is one of my priorities in life, and that's why I am so enamored with Hindu tradition. It speaks directly to my soul and ignites my intuition in a way no other ethical tradition ever has. My soul is at home here.

Happily, my life can now be divided into three main parts; the first 23 years were spent groping about in the darkness: no understanding of my pain, no intuition for the truth, no ethical framework or motivation.

The next six years (beginning January 2001) mark the beginnings of my development of awareness; I was exposed to a structure for thinking about the world (principles of modern physics) and I began to experience actual intuitions (direct communication from the soul). Since this time I have been slowly unearthing bits of understanding here and there and trying to fill in the bigger picture.

Now, March 2007 marks the homecoming of my soul. The floodgates of comprehension have been opened wide and from here on out there is no going back.

This is a little daunting since the ideals of spiritual life are not for the weak of heart, but I am in no hurry and will take all the time I need to remove a lifetime of negative thinking patterns (purify that cesspool!), to learn to properly care for my body (the instrument of the soul), and ultimately, to go inside, where I will find the peace and infinite love of God...

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, let me take a moment to respond to the really important questions from my readers!

What is hell is Chai?

Why, chai is the national drink! It's milk (usually with some water added) boiled with black tea, cardamom, and a couple of other spices. They serve it in tiny glass cups for 4 rupees a pop. If you're not careful, you can lose count of your daily chai and this is known as chai overload. Chai overload is not something you want to get involved in. I try to limit myself to a couple of chai in the evenings.


Love, light, and PATIENCE from Hrishikesh,
always,
LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home