Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Mulling over the prospects for another round in the USH

Thank god the tortured year of 2005 is now over. I see how it was necessary, but I feel quite relieved to see it go.

Not that the actual arrival of 2006 was any better, but at least there is the relief that the holiday season is officially over. On day three of this fine new calendar, I am emotionally and physically emptied, with a bad cold rolling in as I write this. That being said, I also seem to be emitting a bit of exuberant (or irrational) optimism. After all, there’s only one way to go from rock bottom, and that’s up. Can’t argue with the cold, hard facts.

The self-discovery process is excruciating at times, and yet there remains a sense that somehow, in some way, this is actually leading somewhere. In the meantime, thank you super-souls, for the gift of the gut.

And thanks to New York, for giving me the first opportunity to truly appreciate an American city. Great people, great food, great access. New York is a haven compared to Washington, DC.

And one more thank you to my friend Tan, who aptly remarked (no less than 27 times), that at least we’d always have Central Park.


“I’m just gonna call it ambitious and leave it all behind.” –LMA 12/31/2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl...I told you NY is an amazing city. Strange, I will give it that. More time there will instill some peace at aloneness.

14:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl. I told you that NY was a remarkable city. Stay long enough and one can know aloneness and it's benefits.

14:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home