Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Oh what a long, strange trip it’s been..

And it only keeps getting stranger. My last posting was prophetic, in that soon after I articulated the true nature of the think tank industry, my anal retentive supervisor, Big K, told me I would be unable to teach the weekly ESL class I signed up for. I was very upset by this information, and quickly realized that the whole think tank deal just wasn’t cuttin’ it anymore. A large part of what attracted me to this position was the “education friendly” element..that I would be allowed to pursue my own education with financial support from my employer. What I didn’t realize is that I would not be able to get the time off to do it…so the proverbial straw took its place on the proverbial camel’s back and the decision was made for me. Goodbye think tank. Goodbye paycheck. Goodbye bad karma…tomorrow I give my two weeks notice. For obvious reasons, I may not be blahgging too much after I do that…

Now that my stable, well-paid life (ha!) is coming to an end, I am thinking of my future dual career(s) as an ESL teacher in Istanbul (can I get by without Vince for nine months?), and travel agent. If that doesn’t work out, I am psychologically ready to become toothless and homeless. No more monkey hoops for me.

On a related topic, does either of my (two) blahg devotees remember the cherished childhood game Hungry Hungry Hippos? Well Vince and I would like to develop a DC spin off called ANGRY ANGRY ANGLOS. The angry anglos would beat each other with iPods and Starbucks Lattes.




“Ever get the idea you were born in the wrong place, at the wrong time, to the wrong parents? Me too…”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home