Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Wisely chalking this whole DC thing up to the “I’ll do anything once” philosophy…


This morning I tested out the commuting thing. Vince and I hopped a crowded bus to the tres yuppie Cleveland Park where we spent a few moments enjoying coffee and juice before we made a quick detour to see the taxman and then hopped on the metro (subway, tube, bart). This was my first commute using actual transportation and I must say, it’s the kind of thing everyone should do once. No sooner did we step into the train than a large-faced woman reading the Washington Post Express complained in a pointedly nasty voice, “you’re bumping me with your backpack!”

“Why, I’m terribly sorry ma’am, but as you can see, I am but a lowly bumpkin, and when the train left I momentarily lost my bumpkin balance. Can you ever forgive me please?” I groveled. She scowled but said nothing. Perhaps she was considering whether the backpack and red muu muu were indications of disability.

While Vince and Lola narrowly escape the perils of district metro rage, the Swiss Contingent is busy threatening inebriated California-loving European scientists with bloody noses. Let’s hear it for improved transatlantic relations!



Reason #364 Why California is a Great Place to Leave


Taxman: “That’ll be a minimum of 150 duckets. We gotta charge yew extra for the special California software.”

Me: “But Mr. Taxman, I only grossed $21,000 dollars last year!”

Taxman:
“That’s mighty sad.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home