Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Dooley Noted


Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is that I am in the process of being hired on permanently at this hideously monotonous job I do. That means I’m staying for a while. O happy day.

The good news is that I have a plan to get out of the country. All I have to do is *choke* wait six months, let the boss foot the bill for my three-month TEFL course, wait another three-six months, then fly my ass to Veracruz, Mexico. Home of the tamal de frijol! Home of los tiburones! Home of dana la vaca! What could be more fantastic than sipping delicious, home-grown coffee from La Gran Café de la Parroquia as huge ships come and go from the most famous port in all of Mexico? Waterfalls and Mayan ruins and 2.7 Catholic churches per capita? That’s right! DC ain’t got NOTHING on VC!


Seems like the only thing that will keep me sane for the next fifteen months is dreaming about where I’m going next…In the meantime, I got plans to offer my ESL services to wacked out DC immigrants.



"Don't Call Me Shirley" -G. Sanchez, Jr. 1998

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home