Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, June 24, 2005

Welcome to the inaugural edition of Lola Bites Back. I owe the priviledge entirely to the oppressively boring job I have held for the last three months.

Three months of reading the New York Times, LA Times, Washington Post, and Imperial Valley Press (on the web) have left me numb and disillusioned. Excepting the Imperial Valley Press, aren't these papers supposed to be leaders in the *industry*? Molly Ivin's latest column hits the nail on the head; it depressed me so much I'm going to share it with you: http://www.creators.com/opinion_show.cfm?columnsName=miv

But before I get caught up in another tirade about the useless American media, let me just acknowledge that I myself am doing very little to help turn this country around. So far my efforts amount to calling my best friend in Geneva several times a week to commiserate over having been born in Southern California, aka "the epicenter of hell." Oh and I moved to the DC to see if I could get into some political trouble, but so far I'm just an overpaid secretary; a "healthcare slut" if you will. Yup, I'm doin' it for the HEALTH COVERAGE, just one more scary aspect of being an American.

But the game ain't over yet...there is a way out of this country and I will find it. In the meantime, I'm going to try to find nice things about my new life in DC, the first and foremost being that I NEVER HAVE TO DRIVE AGAIN.

Saludos,

Heavy D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your father smelled of elderberries!

09:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

09:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home