Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Monday, October 06, 2008

Just Because She Is a Character Doesn’t Mean She Has Character



The game is always changing. At least, the illusion that is my environment that seems like a game is always changing.

I am deeply influenced by my surroundings. For better and worse, I am afflicted with acute perception and general sensitivity.

The relentless drone of a leaf blower could send me into hysterics back in my San Diego days. The high pitch of a muted television was a subtle but piercing pressure in my ears and head that grew slowly and steadily until I finally had to scream and run away.

Thanks to God those days are behind me now. Since then I've learned some survival skills - like selective tuning - in the battlegrounds of the desert, the capital, and then India. But the tendency remains and the battle is by no means over.


What I mean to say is that a proper environment is essential. Of course. Compassion, patience, and tolerance. Of course.


The Big Gamble

I can’t shake the feeling that, in this moment, all the pieces are up in the air. I don’t think I have even one single piece in place. I have recurring themes, a few very strong beliefs, a deep faith in the rightness of all things, continuously evolving philosophies and lots of idealistic dreams. But no actual pieces yet. It’s a bit frightening, yes, but some proverbial point of no return has been crossed and there is no choice left now but to go for it.

The next year will be a formidable one; a whole new dimension of difficulty awaits my youthful and carefree little self. I sense the weight of looming challenges. If only I could fathom what they were! The suspense is killing me.

The Royal We wonders, wouldn't it be lovely if we could appreciate what we have while we still have it? Must we lose things in order to finally appreciate them? And what if we spent less time obsessed about future plans and events and possibilities, and focused instead on enjoying what's right under our noses? La, la, la, blah, blah, blah.


Incidentals

Good news is I got a new bicycle! Bad news is that my previous bicycle was stolen due to my lackadaisical faith in the basic goodness of all Montrealers (Read: I didn't lock it up).

Good news is last week I started a French class that I really enjoy. Bad news is it ended today; tomorrow I head out to the suburbs for more painting fun.

Good news is the autumn is officially here and the picturesque streets are swirling with crispy golden yellow leaves. Bad news is I feel like a linebacker when I leave the house, piled high with multiple layers of winter equipment (coat, boots, scarf, hat and gloves).


And last but not least, I have to note that the economic implosion and the fast-approaching presidential election have really got my panties in a wad! It’s exciting, among other things. And every day it just keeps getting more and more incredible. It’s like Disney has taken over the federal government and the muppets invaded D.C.! I guess the bad news there is the impending doom for regular people all over the world, but at least the US goes out with a grande finale!


still clinging to some shreds of sanity,
with affection,
LMA




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee, i like ur Disney-Muppet picture of our federal gov't. by the way, did u watch the VP debates?

oh, i like ur crazy lion mane in the previous blog entry too.

Love
Sarabella

15:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to post a photo of the gear you wear when going out in the 'wild north'. In the REAL winter you are going to need to add on to what you wear now. ;)
I too love the crazy lion mane photo...how can I take it off the computer and add it to my photos?

18:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home