Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Who gonna spread the Looooooove?!


It's 7 am and I'm trolling for a victim, but now that the Swiss Contingent is back in Cali, everyone I call for girl talk lives west of me!  Is it wrong to call your mama at 4 am?


Instead I'll distract myself with a quick update about the Fantabulistic Calexico show last night!!  It was a small venue; hot, smoky, and just the right amount of sweaty fans.  I got right up in front where I could have reached out and touched the lead singer.   They played all my favorites...I screamed, I clapped, I cried and gasped...and walked out of there a sweaty, smiling mess.  I felt drunk, but all I had was tap water.  After cooling off a bit, I went back in and met the lead singer (Joey), chatting with him for about half an hour.  He told me stories about the band and other things...hee hee hee hee ha ha haa haaaa haah hah hah hi hi high!  Does it GET any better than this???


Before I forget, I'd like to acknowledge the irrational exuberance of my posting yesterday.  I understand it can be difficult to appreciate as usually I am a bit much for the western folk.  But sometimes I just cannot contain myself!


Did I mention that I am remarkably well-cared for?  My roomies are amazing people.  Gen wakes up every morning at 5 and makes us fruit salad!!  And leaves us notes to tell us she loves us!  And reminds us to feed the kitty!  I'm so spoiled...who's gonna make my fruit salad when I move on Saturday?


Today after I meet with my therapist I will head off to painting camp.  Uncle Frank will pick me up and drive me to Chateauguay (Indian reservation/suburbs) where I will have three days of daycare.  Paint and sing all day, lounge by the pool at night.  Uncle Frank is finally giving me a chance to impress him with my speed and skill.  I've never painted before but I'm going to give it my all, and if I perform well - and don't drive him nuts with my irrational exuberance - I might have a pretty good source of income for the next months!


La la la, blah blah, blah, blah.  What is the deal with cottage cheese, anyway?


I love you every one,

bisoux,

Lola Maria


PS:   Late response to the comment on my June 9 posting;


"What's so wrong with our family?"


Well, my friend (family?), I'll share the best conclusion I've got so far: our family is mean.  We say things to hurt each other, we focus on differences, we judge, we blame, we resent.   There's no respect and it's clearly no fun for anyone.  Don't people just want to be loved?  What's so hard about showing some simple affection?  


But I, at least, am quite certain that each of us did the best we could, and, well, the past is the past.  We don't choose our family, so I love them beyond words anyway...especially my amazingly hilarious and insane brother.


I love you, T-Bone!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your postings are infectious and inspirational. Once again you drive me to go higher in my own travels in life. Keep it up and don't look down cricket you have it all under control. I love you beyond.

18:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home