Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Elusive Call of Freedom

Often in my musings I've articulated something and then wondered...is that freedom? "Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves," according to Freidrich Nietzsche. I always appreciated this quote, but only now do I begin to understand why. I finally connected it to Swamiji's words: learn to love yourself.

Seems to me that the will to be responsible to oneself can also be called self-discipline. So freedom is to be found in self-discipline. And what is self-discipline if it's not love? Ahh, yes...it's no wonder that true freedom eludes me as I have not a clue how to self-discipline! And therein lies the crux of the matter; until I learn self-discipline, I am not loving myself and I cannot love others, especially any potential offspring. Good thing I've got the next decade to figure out all this meditation stuff...

Life is still beautiful, and busy, and...well, my mind continues with its wild daydreams. Tunisia is my latest fantasy, but who knows what tomorrow will bring? For now I am trying just to enjoy each day, spending time at the library (French language computer games! So much fun!!) and dreaming up all the possibilities. Next week I begin leading an English language discussion class that meets twice a week.

Gros bisoux pour tout le monde,
Lolita Mariposita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home