Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, August 03, 2007

Leeches 101: It Just Seems Like Science Fiction

Okay ladies, this one's for you: I've got some great video of the 30 plus leech bites on my legs, feet and ankles. It's really remarkable. The first time I saw a leech on the way up the mountainside, I was very, very scared. They are hideous worm-like creatures that stand on end and sniff around for blood. About 2/3 the way up the mountain, I discovered my first big leech happily sucking away on my shin. Once they've been sucking awhile, they grow bigger and you really have to scrape hard to break the suction...but they never die. Only fire or salt will kill them. And they inject some anti-coagulant into your bloodstream so for hours afterward you are bleeding like a stuck pig. It's truly grotesque.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything to say except...OHHHHH! That is discusting!!!We all are so glad to hear from you. With my awful imagination I had not a clue how really bad it was for you. Love you bunches...

10:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home