Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's Roxy Time!

Apologies are in order, my dear readers, for disappearing without a trace!

By way of brief explanation, I made a quick decision back in early July to visit a mountain village for a few days. I was told it would be an hour by magic Nepali bus and then 5 hours walking up after that. It sounded like a good "starter trek" and, after all, my philosophy about new opportunities is generally "why not?" But after about a week on the mountain peak, something completely shocking happened: the monsoon arrived!

Imagine clinging to a muddy mountainside in the pouring rain! I was like a house cat who impulsively climbs the tree and then can't figure a way down...

After a few days, then weeks, of major rain, I began to question the wisdom of my desire to experience the monsoon..did I really say that I wanted to experience the monsoon? And if so, just what the hell was I thinking at the time??? But I digress...

My dear friends, family, and public skeptics; I have spent the last weeks learning more than I could ever detail here, mostly about the wide variety of seriously dangerous things there are to do on a slippery, muddy mountain peak with no electricity, scarce food, and many, many leeches (just like the ones in DC, but without the suits!). In short, it is nothing short of miraculous that I sit here now, calmly typing away at a computer as if nothing were amiss.

I am too filthy and exhausted to detail this latest adventure just now, but I wanted to post something so that it is known that I am alive and well. I will post again tomorrow with more details of my latest adventures..

with GREATEST love and affection,
LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home