Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Monday, August 20, 2007

Baptized in the Church of Mother Nature

I am doing well, but I have to admit that I am also sometimes deeply struggling. I understand and fully accept that my personal “demons” (a.k.a. suffering, karmas, whatever you want to call it..) come with me wherever I roam. I am experiencing that now. But since I arrived in Asia I’ve learned many, many methodical and scientific methods that, if I put them into consistent and dedicated practice, will bring peace and love and acceptance into my being. About this there can be no doubt.

Consistent and dedicated practice. Yes.

And just as I go through periods of struggle, I also experience extended “highs,” as if a strong current of energy is being channeled through me that then radiates outward, drawing to me many beneficial “coincidences,” interesting people that teach me by their amazing examples, and generally an atmosphere of action and positivity...As I’ve said many times before, I always have what I need and I am always well-protected. I know this because I feel it. Alas, the journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step, and those first steps are seriously intimidating.

Of course, as human beings we all experience fear. We can be courageous, but as Mr. Twain so aptly remarked, courage is not the absence of fear. So we must learn to endure it, to overcome it in some way, as we struggle forward on that long journey ahead.

The egg was already cracked, but my time in Asia has pried it apart. Now there’s a mess, but I have to start somewhere. It comes down to putting what I know into practice...reprogramming my mind (purify it) by eliminating harmful thoughts, words and actions and cultivate instead more compassion, tolerance and love.

Enough of my inner musings! Let me share my latest gift from God;

Fewa Tal

Pokhara’s incredibly pristine, 100% natural lake is about 2 km across, and for weeks I’ve slept in a room on the edge of it. I’ve showered with a view of the lake. I’ve taken my meals, read my books, and washed my clothes next to this lake. I’ve walked back and forth many times along the edge of the lake. But I have never entered the lake. After two months of nearly continuous Ganga baths, in what some might call filth (not me), why did I never consider swimming in the majestic body of water sitting right under my nose? It seems inexplicable.

Of course, in India, Nepal, and I suspect many Asian countries, people drown regularly in local bodies of water. Two a week seems average. And maybe two months ago an Australian man staying where I am now drowned. No one quite knows why. But this fear didn’t keep me out of the relatively more dangerous currents of the Ganga in Hrishikesh, so why should it stop me now?


Finally, two days ago, I was inspired by a Belgian man who’s been swimming in the lake twice daily over the last five months. It was time, and I felt confident enough to test it out. The water is remarkably clean and clear and has a sweet taste...I can even see down to my feet when I’m swimming. Today I swam out to the middle of the lake, where I learned that the opposite shore is much much further than it actually looks.

But the best part is that as soon as I was in the water I was instantly transported - in the water my body is free to float and glide effortlessly, calmly, peacefully. When the shore gets so small I can barely make out the people, I realize that nobody can reach me. Out there in the middle of a vast glassy surface, I am alone with myself, alone with Mother Nature, alone with God. I instantly felt my soul being healed, like being cuddled and held safe by Mother Nature's protecting force. I imagine it is a feeling close to the baptism of a deep believer, though I’ve never been baptized by any church.

Once again, I understand that I am seriously blessed to have this unbelievable opportunity.

All my love,
LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home