Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Homeward Bound

Spent a lovely Thanksgiving making the rounds in a few of my favorite airports. Now I'm back in Delhi in the endlessly manic Pahar Ganj marketplace.

Turns out my timing has been quite off this week, a week that will go down as one of the more difficult ones in recent memory. Aside from the miracle of getting to the airport in Frankfurt - a story worthy of a short novel - I'm now having a hell of a time trying to get a train to Rishikesh. Apparently, it seems to be some kind of holiday. Ha haa hah hah!

For some reason, my return to the Homeland has not been marked with the same giddy elation I normally experience upon arrival. Confronted with my first eastern-style toilet in Bahrain, I only sighed in resignation.

But I am enjoying the Indians' very special mentality and it turns out they are fascinated by my hair. They call out in the streets saying it is beautiful, asking me if it's real and wanting to touch it. Just what I needed, another reason for the Indians to want to touch me!

I'm now looking forward to getting settled back into my own room at the ashram again. The last three months of gypsy wandering has left me stiff, sore and drained.

love and hugs and Hari Om Namah Shivaya,
LMA

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to India!
Like "two ships that pass in the night", I'm leaving at the end of the week. Look after the place while I'm away.....sorry about the mess :)
Love ya,
A

12:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home