Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back in Deutschland but Still Singing in French*

I can't keep up with myself anymore. This is just too much. And I'm in the mood for asterisks.**


I arrived Monday morning in a state of delirium. Tuesday morning I woke up and realized where I was. Then, at 4:20 this morning I was up and ready for action like a rabbit on meth. I ate Italian biscuits and surfed the internets in search of friends to chat with, but apparently everyone was busy doing something else, so I cursed them under my breath and fell to searching for gainful employment instead. Which I found in Yemen.


Of course, Yemen is not on the program. Actually, gainful employment is not on the program. But the program is always evolving and my bank account is looking anemic.


Montreal was a non-stop wheel of fun***, and now that I've jumped off the wheel, it's time to re-group and get ready for the coming year, 'cause I've got an ambitious one planned! In order to properly execute my grande plans, I will need a month or two parked in front of a computer screen somewhere with good internet access.


I'm finally going back to the Motherland (India), but I don't plan to stay long. Two months should suffice. I just need some time to get back into my yoga/meditation routine, get my yoga teaching certificate, witness the mayhem of Kumbha Mela and, finally, redistribute my possessions and say namaste..


I'm thinking of starting my next round of adventures in Istanbul, but all my plans could be suddenly derailed by a decent offer of employment. So let's all have a moment of silence while we hope that doesn't happen..


For the present moment anyway, I've got a mind to pack a bag and hitch hike to Strasbourg where my friend Katya is organizing some concerts. It's only a few hours away and you know how I feel about opportunities like this one...you only live once, and I haven't seen her in years.


So everybody get ready!


It's almost 11am now, which means I can start ringing the west coast in just another hour or so. It's time to catch up with The Mama.


It feels good to be back on the radar!


Big sloppy kussen for all,
LMA


* Les Blues du Businessman, par Claude Dubois


** asterisks are a disappointingly underused yet remarkably utilitarian grammatical device augmenting the readability of documents such as this one


*** in the abstract, facitious sense of the word


Unidentified, drunken Russians. Montreal 2009.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plz tell me you are not, in fact, going to Yemen. I will feel better.

But hooray for Turkiye!

-V

14:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...is there something I should know about Yemen, other than the culinary delicacies that await me?? ;)
LMA

20:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.

-V

17:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home