Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It’s Four O’Clock...Do You Know Where Your Priorities Are?

Seems I’m leading quite the charmed existence these days. Nearly one month ago I had the great fortune to begin taking a French course at a language school downtown. In barter fashion, I teach for 15 hours a week and take French class for 15 hours a week. This easygoing combination of work and study makes it the ‘’daycare’’ I always longed for.

Add to that the fact that it takes me less than ten minutes to ride my bicycle to school and it looks like I may have finally carved out the perfect little niche for myself in this strange land called North America. And the best part? After one month of my first proper French studies, I am finally beginning to speak and understand French! Eureka!

I guess it only took four months of floating around for something great to finally come together, but it certainly seemed longer than that. I guess the lesson here is - are you ready for this? - patience! Ha ha!

As much as I love the fine city of Montréal, its colorful diversity and amicable peoples, I cannot abide its frigid temperatures. And besides, I’ve got family on my mind. On the 3rd of December, I will head back to Sunny Southern California to spend some time with those very important people, to thank them in person for my great fortune.

After my family has been properly acknowledged, I will make my way back to Mother India for round two of my ongoing education. This time around, I plan to add Yoga Teacher to my repertoire of skills. Only God knows for sure how long I will be back ’’home’’ in India, but I guess I’ll stay there as long as it takes. And one other thing is sure: the next time I try to settle down it will be in a warmer place!

hug-deprived but not for long,
LMA

PS I would be incredibly remiss if I didn't say ''Bonne Fête'' to my ex-partner in crime, Mateo. Did you get the package I sent?? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home