Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nothin’ Says Lovin’ Like Somethin’ in the….Mail

You know it! My gram takes good care of me, sending me all the vitamins, mental health and skin care items I need to keep up my famously sunny disposition.

And a shout-out to La Mama: showing her love with crucial online shopping tips as well as sending me much-needed items of clothing (she only sends the maternity wear because she knows that comfort is a priority).

A quick rundown of my time in North America’s Greatest City

Montreal was a true vacation, filled with leisurely bike rides, picnics in the park, fantastic food (courtesy of my dear friend Chez Norbert), and most important, great company!!

Summertime is festival time in Montreal, and I was heartened by the way everybody takes advantage of the fine weather. Indeed, a bad case of perma-grin for the entire five days prompted unprecedented comments from friends such as “You’re so positive!” Highlights included the enigmatic L’Astral 2000, les champignons, Jacques Cartier (aka “the coke bar”), World Cup Fever, and speaking French with new francophone friends. Lowlights: going home. Luckily, I brought all that goodwill back with me to D.C, where it lasted for at least two days. Those Montrealers have no idea how lucky they are!

Since then I’ve been living it up: Taking advantage of the performing arts (free concerts every single day at the Kennedy Center!), golfing at Rock Creek Park, dancing, drinking beers (turns out I’m a quick learner), riding bicycles, museum-hopping, going to see the Nationals play (we kicked Chicago cub booty last Sunday, 7 to 1) and generally taking advantage of what seems to be an endless summer...

No animals were hurt in the making of this photoart.



Ciao,

LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home