Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, June 23, 2006

How best to celebrate the birth of our wayward nation? A trip to Montreal!

As one of my favorite thinkers once wrote, “Without music, life would be a mistake.” Well I’ve made enough mistakes in my short little life: missing the next Jazzfest won’t be one of them!

In honor of the occasion, I have attempted to tap the psyche within with the following, stream-of-conciousness Haiku, beginning with an ode to our telephone; Que disfruten!


the telephone rings
shrill, reverberating still
where is the valium?

impatient, sweaty
a hurled latte, a scream
one less fish to fry


more guns, arrogance
another brick in the wall
violent denoument

I see them at night
huddling in the bushes
capitol police

rejected again
American refugees
who will love them now?

shiny red toenails
glimmering in the sunlight
some thrills never die



LMA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home