Name:
Location: Bissingen an der Teck, Baden Wuerttemberg, Germany

Laughing all the way...

Friday, March 06, 2009

A Baby in Rishikesh

Full days of full power, except in the internets. I send just a signal of my being...

I am more or less comfortable in my room at the ashram. It's the same as it always was, with the same bucket baths and insects. It's a bit like camping - yoga camp. I have only one rule: daily morning meditation, and I aim only for regularity in practice. Everything else is optional.

I see clearly that I am a baby in this place. "Born" at 30 years old, I am now learning to walk. THere are many things coming and this decade is about building a very strong foundation, that I may prepare myself for those things to come.

I also learn to walk quite literally, with hikes up into the surrounding mountains to temples and caves. One was four hours up to a most magnificent view of the Himalayas.

I am practicing asana again, playing my guitar and singing songs from all over the world. I am finally applying myself to Hindi and the lines of communication with the local Indian community are opening up. I am learning also to breathe (it's a useful skill for things like meditation and walking!) and eating wonderfully cooked Indian food everyday...yes, yes. My soul is slowly making it's place.

Will all my love and best wishes,
LOLA

PS Holi Day is coming, on the full moon, March 11! Full colors coming!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holi pics? ... Ton ami...niko

00:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home